Which are more popular, gasoline-electric hybrid cars or diesels? The answer will surprise you. The Honda Insight is the most fuel-efficient car in America. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, it gets up to 68 mpg (3.5 L/100km) on the highway. It’s a gasoline-electric hybrid, touted by many as the powertrain of the future, at least until fuel cells are ready. Two other hybrid cars are sold here, the Toyota Prius and the Honda Civic hybrid. They get up to 45 or 50 mpg, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Detroit, Build a Mini" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.