TRAVERSE CITY, MI – The Chrysler Group is looking at introducing diesel-powered products for North America, says President and CEO Dieter Zetsche. Dieter Zetsche Chrysler has diesels “for everything we sell in Europe,” he says, “and we are considering potentially introducing one or two in this market.” Many obstacles remain. The perception of American customers still is driven by poor experiences with diesels 20 years ago, despite tremendous advancements in the last decade ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Diesel Debate Continues" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.