LEIPZIG, GERMANY â€“ Porsche AG has no plans to introduce diesel powertrains for its products anytime soon, but is looking to reenter motorsports and expand its reach in the sports car segment "in short order." While Porsche CEO Wendelin Wiedeking refuses to comment on which market segments Porsche is concentrating on, sources indicate the auto maker is working on a vehicle to compete against the Mercedes-Benz CL-Class. "As far as our sports car model lines, we have a number ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Diesel Engines Not Part of Porscheâ€™s Expansion Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.