INDIANAPOLIS – Putting a Mercedes-badged hybrid-electric vehicle on the market is not a priority as the auto maker focuses its efforts on diesel-powered vehicles for North America, a top executive says. There are no plans to introduce a Mercedes HEV with the two-mode system within a year of Chrysler Group and General Motors Corp. debuting the technology on their SUVs, Paul Halata, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc., tells Ward’s at a press event here in conjunction with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Diesels Before Hybrids for Mercedes in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.