New United Motor Mfg. Inc. is suffering a parts shortage due to a labor dispute that has shut down docks along the West Coast. A plant spokesman says NUMMI’s Fremont, CA, plant could be idled as early as today if it doesn’t receive engines and transmissions, which are imported from Japan. NUMMI, a joint venture between General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp., builds the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Voltz, a right-hand drive version of the Vibe sold in Asia. It also builds Corolla sedans and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dock Shutdown Hampers NUMMI, Importers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.