SAO PAULO – The Dodge Ram 4-door pickup, with 4-wheel drive, an automatic transmission and a 305-hp engine, is being sold in Brazil for $49,000, which places it in the luxury category, thereby reducing its sales potential in the country. Since Dodge closed its Dakota plant in metro Curitiba two years ago, owing to poor sales in Brazil, the number of dealers selling Chrysler Group products throughout the country has dwindled to 13. There are only two in Sao Paulo, with a metropolitan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dodge Ram Pricey for Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.