DaimlerChrysler Corp. says the first new ’03 Dodge SRT-4 performance sedan will roll off the assembly line at the auto maker’s Belvidere, IL, plant this December. The SRT-4, built off the Neon platform, will base at $19,995 and be the quickest production vehicle available in the U.S. for less than $20,000 when it hits Dodge showrooms early next year, says Chrysler. The SRT-4 has a 2.4L 4-cyl. turbocharged engine that makes 215 hp and 245 lb.-ft. (332 Nm) of torque.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dodge SRT-4 to Be Built in Belvidere" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.