CHICAGO – Come big or stay home. That’s the advice that the Dodge division of DaimlerChrysler Corp. took to heart as it developed two new powertrains for the heavy-duty pickup market. Dodge introduces two all-new engines for the ’03 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups here at the Chicago Auto Show. The auto maker demonstrated the power of one of the engines – the 5.9L inline 6-cyl. High Output Cummins turbodiesel – by using it to tow a 50 ft.-by-50 ft. (15 m by 15 m) platform loaded with about 100 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dodge Weighs in with Diesel Brute, Hemi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.