By the end of 2010, domestic production will overtake the number of Toyota RAV4 cross/utility vehicles imported to North America and account for most of the model’s sales in the market. The ratio will fluctuate with demand, but domestic output will support the “majority” of RAV4 sales in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, says Mike Goss, spokesman for Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Inc. The increase will occur because of the planned addition in March of a second ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Domestic RAV4 Production to Overtake Imports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.