As U.S. lawmakers grapple with how best to aid the domestic auto industry, the Center for Automotive Research fires a warning shot in Washingtonâ€™s direction. If half of the U.S. facilities run by General Motors Corp., Chrysler LLC and Ford Motor Co. were allowed to close â€śthe immediate shock to the economy would be felt well beyond the Detroit Three,â€ť CAR says today in a statement. Suppliers and overseas-based auto makers with U.S. operations would suffer severely, CAR adds. And if ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Donâ€™t Dither Over Industry Aid, Washington Warned" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.