HARBIN — Harbin Dong'an Engine Co. Ltd., a leading maker of engines for mini vehicles in China, made 151,686 engines in 1998, up 24% from the previous year and ranking fourth among all automotive engine producers. Sales in 1998 topped 146,294 units, up 18%. Dong'an is a major engine provider for most of China's mini-vehicle makers including Changhe, Hafei, Wuling and Hanjiang. The company accounted for more than 40% of the domestic mini-engine market in 1997.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dong'an Engine output speeds ahead in mini-vehicle market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.