Dongfeng Automobile Co. Ltd. of China and U.S.-based Cummins Inc. plan a $100.6 million joint venture for the production of diesel engines. The JV, located in Xiangfan in the Hubei province, will have production capacity of 130,000 diesel engines annually, say reports. Two plants that already produce Cummins’ engines are merging for the JV. No word on what types of vehicles the engines will power.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dongfeng and Cummins Plan Diesel JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.