BEIJING — Dongfeng-Citroen Automotive Co. Ltd., based in central China's Hubei province, produced 36,240 automobiles in 1998, 20.7% more than in the preceding year, officials say. The automaker sold 33,364 units, registering 19.4% growth. Facing a weak auto market last year, the Sino-French joint venture attributes part of its success to improving quality and after-sale service. The company also introduced new products, including the Citroen 988, a 1.4L passenger car equipped with fuel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dongfeng-Citroen sees growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.