WASHINGTON -- U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta urges motorists to monitor their tires more closely in the wake of a study that shows 9% of passengers cars on American roads have at least one bald tire. Motorists also are advised that air pumps at many gas stations have inaccurate pressure gauges.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DOT Urges Motorists to Monitor Tires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.