Innovative use of a two-sided timing belt that doubles as an oil pump forms the heart of a simplified lubrication system for overhead cam engines developed in by Diamont Ltd., a small British design consultant. Reduced parts requirements for production economies is cited as one advantage. Another is lower cooling needs, because the high-pressure oil could flow through cylinder coolant jackets as well as drilled galleries. This would speed warm-up, with resultant benefits in cold-start ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Double-sided timing belt replaces oil pump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.