DaimlerChrysler AG was ‚Äúover-optimistic‚ÄĚ in gauging Chrysler Group‚Äôs ability to maintain first-half sales momentum, admits the auto maker‚Äôs chairman. A contrite Dieter Zetsche vows greater vigilance to ensure the mistake is not repeated, he tells analysts today after announcing Chrysler‚Äôs U.S.-bound third-quarter production will be reduced by 90,000 units from plan, and by 135,000 for the entire second half of the year. Most of the impact will be felt at plants where Chrysler builds ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dr. Z Gives Himself an ‚ÄėF‚Äô" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.