CHICAGO – The lull following the eat-’em-up consolidation craze of the recent past is shaking out a few good apples – even at Ford Motor Co. Top among them: The 6-year-old “P2” sedan platform Ford hopped the pond to grab from its Volvo Car subsidiary. Ford Freestyle Ford Five Hundred Mercury Montego Renamed D3, it now underpins three all-new ’05 products: the Ford Freestyle cross/utility vehicle and the Five Hundred/Mercury Montego sedans introduced to the media here. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Driven a Volvo Lately? Ford Has" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.