PARIS – Dual-clutch automated manual transmissions that can shift like an automatic will triple their penetration in the next few years, as two new facilities to produce them come on line. Last month, BorgWarner Inc. broke ground on a new factory at its site near Tulle, France, to build more of its hugely acclaimed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), and last summer, the Getrag Ford Transmissions GmbH joint venture invested €300 million ($364 million) in a new plant in Slovakia that will begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dual-Clutch Transmission Manufacturing Rapidly Expanding" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.