DETROIT – Aiming to get in on the ground floor in new safety system development, DuPont Co. unveiled at the SAE 2003 World Congress a new business group that combines more than 60 different product lines into one unit. The move lumps a variety of materials and technologies with safety related applications, such as nylon (air bag covers), Kevlar (structural reinforcement) and engineering plastics (impact-absorbing bumpers and interior pillars) into one centralized organization called the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DuPont Focuses Safety Product Portfolio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.