LIMA, OH – The winds of change fail to dislodge Duratec as a Ford Motor Co. icon. On the contrary, the unveiling of a new all-aluminum 3.5L V-6 – known in its developmental stage as Cyclone – establishes Duratec as a pillar among Ford’s powertrain families. (See related story: Ford Duratec 35 Features International Flavor) Five engines – including the newest, scheduled for production in 2005 – now fall under the Duratec name. They are: Duratec 35 Duratec 30, formerly known as the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Duratec Name Weathers Cyclone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.