DEARBORN, MI â Jerry Sumpter, president and CEO of leather-supplier Eagle Ottawa LLC, thinks the struggling new-vehicle market has hit bottom. At least he hopes so. âItâs been really, really tough,â Sumpter says of the last 12 months. âWeâre hopeful weâve hit the bottom. And thatâs important, to find the bottom and stabilize.â As a direct supplier to Tier 1 parts makers, such as Lear Corp. and Johnson Controls Inc., Eagle Ottawa feels the effect of anemic vehicle sales as acutely as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Eagle Ottawa âHopefulâ Industry Has Hit Bottom" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.