NAMYANG, SOUTH KOREA – Not many vehicles in recent memory have garnered as much anticipatory ink as Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s Equus. Fortunately, an early drive of the large luxury sedan, due in the U.S. in late summer, shows it lives up to the hype. The Equus follows the 2008 launch of the Genesis sedan as another attempt by the South Korean auto maker to move up-market. Hyundai hopes to show Americans it can make a high-quality $50,000-plus sedan as ably as it can a $20,000 Sonata. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Early Drive Shows Hyundai Equus Lives Up to Hype" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.