DETROIT – Early sales of the all-new Lexus IS sports sedan have been better than expected, a Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. official tells Ward's. “We expected to sell 3,300 in the first month and we sold nearly 4,500,” says Bob Carter, group vice president and Lexus general manager. The new '06 IS went on sale Oct. 17. Lexus IS 350 Toyota recorded 4,447 IS sales in the U.S. in November, a best-ever tally for the vehicle, which includes the base IS 250, all-wheel-drive IS 250 and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Early Lexus IS Sales Pace Feverish" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.