Partial data released last week show March easily will extend the streak of monthly U.S. sales increases to seven and cap off the best first quarter ever (see Ward's Automotive Reports — March 15, '99, p.1). And the tenor of the press releases accompanying the sales reports was much the same as in the previous six months with references to all-time or long-time records. DaimlerChrysler Corp., the No.3 volume seller in the U.S., reported March sales (excluding Mercedes) were up 16.5%, based ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Early Reports Show Strong March Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.