TROY, MI – Car buyers are going green. And brown and yellow – and a little more blue. Taking a cue from such industries as fashion and textiles, earth tones are in demand again by vehicle buyers and likely will grace more car and truck exteriors in the coming years, coatings supplier PPG Industries Inc. says. That isn’t to say tried-and-true standbys such as silver, black and white are falling out of favor. In fact, PPG says silver remains the most popular vehicle color globally at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Earth Tones Gain Traction With Vehicle Buyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.