DaimlerChrysler AG Co-Chairman Robert J. Eaton's announcement last week that he would exit the automaker a year earlier than expected added momentum to rumors the automaker is on the verge of a tie-up with Italy's Fiat SpA. DC and Fiat have been in heavy negotiations for months (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Nov. 22, '98, p.5), and last week press reports out of Italy continued to suggest a share-swapping deal, with DC gaining control of Fiat Auto operations, was imminent. Also fueling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Eaton Departure Adds Fuel to Fiat Rumors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.