Lotus Active Valve Train eliminates camshafts, mechanical valve actuation. The U.K.’s Lotus Engineering and valvetrain specialist Eaton Corp., Cleveland, OH, U.S.A., say they have signed a licensing agreement to develop Lotus’ Active Valve Train (AVT) for future transportation-sector production engines. The AVT technology eliminates an engine’s valve-activating camshafts in favor of electrohydraulic actuation that provides infinitely variable timing, lift and duration for each ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Eaton Licenses Lotus Camless Valvetrain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.