ESSLINGEN, Germany – J.J. Eberspacher GmbH & Co. KG says it hopes to have a unique system on the market by 2009 that will allow drivers to dial-in the exhaust tone of their choice for their vehicle. The German-based supplier already has a prototype tuned-exhaust system installed in an Audi A4 2.0L Turbo that can produce up to five different tones, a company official tells Ward’s on a tour of the facility here. The acoustical technology also includes an active silence system, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Eberspacher Working on Tunable Exhaust System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.