PARIS – The European Commission has asked France to end its practice of imposing double taxation on second-hand vehicles imported from other European Union states. While the French authorities, replying to the Commission's earlier request for information, have not rejected the EU’s position outright, complaints received by the Commission show the French government is not applying the relevant principles. The Commission, therefore, is sending France a reasoned opinion, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EC Imposes Deadline for France to Stop Double Taxation on Used Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.