The European Commission says it will propose legislation if necessary next year to ensure carbon dioxide emissions are reduced to 120 g/km by 2012. The EC signaled its intention in a long-awaited action plan on promoting energy efficiency within the European Union. “Should it become clear that the voluntary commitments of the car industry to reach 140g CO2/km by 2008/2009 will not be honored, the commission will not hesitate to propose legislation,” the document says. The EC says it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EC Will Consider Legislation if CO2 Reduction Not Met" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.