Energy Conversion Devices Inc., headquartered in Rochester Hills, MI, is modifying five Toyota Motor Corp. Prius hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) to demonstrate a solid-state hydrogen storage system the company says can help bridge the gap between today’s internal combustion (IC) engines and electric vehicles powered by fuel cells. Modified Prius being refueled with hydrogen. Proponents say interim use of hydrogen fuel for existing spark-ignition piston engines could pave the way for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ECD Demonstrates Hydride Hydrogen Storage" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.