Electronic Data Systems Corp. is expected to announce tomorrow that it is selling its Automotive Retail Group to Automatic Data Processing Inc., Ward’s has learned. EDS Automotive Retail Group is the fourth-largest dealer management system provider with approximately 2,000 dealers using its system. Universal Computer Systems, based in Houston, is the third largest. Combined, ADP and The Reynolds and Reynolds Co., the two largest vendors, already control about 90% of the market.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EDS to Sell Automotive Retail Group" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.