Community colleges, those often-maligned relatives of the traditional 4-year university, are well placed to pick up the slack when it comes to educating tomorrow’s skilled blue-collar worker. “A lot of people in this field who would have gone from high school right into the workforce are now forced to get at least a 2-year degree,” says Stephen D’Arcy, partner in charge of global automotive practice at Price Waterhouse Coopers. CAR’s David Cole says “World Engine” plant in Dundee, MI, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Education Plays Pivotal Role" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.