LA JOLLA, CA – Next year, when Hyundai Motor America brings out its new Elantra, expect to see a significant design change for its best-selling car, currently a somewhat boxy sedan with rounded corners. The upcoming Elantra “goes more in the direction of the Azera (flagship sedan), in terms of being a little bit more curvaceous, organic, graceful, whereas the Sonata is a little bit clean-pressed and well-tailored,” John Krafcik, vice president-product development and strategic planning, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Elantra to Get Curvy, Graceful" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.