According to a recent article in the Los Angeles Times, "in a civil complaint filed by the Orange County district attorney’s office, a repair shop (that also conducts emissions tests) lied to customers ... that after the state received scores of complaints, undercover investigators took three cars to the garage for emissions tests in 1999. In at least two cases, the garage failed to mention the actual problem with the vehicles, suggested repairs that were not necessary and then billed the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Emissions repair fraud: another challenge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.