DELTA TWP., MI – The new Buick Enclave cross/utility vehicle is proving more popular than expected, General Motors Corp. officials say. The auto maker initially predicted the Enclave would account for 36% of the total mix at its newest plant here just outside Lansing, where siblings the GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook also are built. “We want to try to take it up to 40% (of the mix),” Gary Cowger, group vice president-manufacturing and labor, tells Ward’s during a media event last week. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Enclave Demand Surprises GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.