SHANGHAI — The U.S.-based Engelhard Corp. soon will be manufacturing and marketing auto-emission catalysts through a joint venture here. The move comes at a time when China is making an effort to balance economic and auto industry growth with environmental concerns. The new company, Shanghai Engelhard SINOPEC Environmental Technologies Ltd., is 60% owned by Engelhard and 40% by SINOPEC, China's largest petroleum refiner. The JV will begin operations in the Pudong section of Shanghai by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Engelhard venture targets reduction of auto emissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.