BEIJING — China Automotive Industry Assn. reports that Chinese manufacturers produced about 1.5 million automotive engines in 1998, up 7% over 1997. Sales accounted for 1.44 million units. The report also says diesel engines claimed a larger market share over 1997, and independent engine makers have become a serious force in the country. Diesel engine sales claimed around 35% of the total in China in 1998, noticeably higher than that of gasoline engines. The rapid growth of the diesel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Engine market revs up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.