MORTEFONTAINE, France – When the U.S. Congress voted in 2000 to require tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) on new cars, the number of suppliers competing for the new market jumped from three or four to nearly 20. Today, it appears a handful of winners are emerging. Five suppliers have made significant headway in the market, says EnTire Solutions LLC, which claims to have moved into the No. 3 spot last year, behind market pioneer Schrader Electronics Ltd. and SiemensVDO Automotive, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EnTire Claims No.3 Slot for TPMS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.