MATUGAMA, Sri Lanka – A locally made car for every household is Lawrence Perera's goal. But whether "Made in Sri Lanka" micro cars start plying the roads here come September is anybody's guess. Micro car Perera, who is behind Sri Lanka's first car manufacturing venture, insists they will. "If everything goes as planned, the first fleet of 30 cars will be launched in the market by that time," he says in a published account here. As chairman and CEO of the Transmec Group of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Entrepreneur to Build Sri Lankan Micro Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.