Environmentalists say language contained in a U.S. Transportation Deparment proposal to hike federal fuel-economy rules 25% by 2015 is a slap in the face. The 417-page document, released Tuesday, which marked Earth Day, also threatens to undermine California’s fight to regulate tailpipe emissions at the state level and fundamentally fails to acknowledge state-level authority as granted by the U.S. Clean Air Act, critics charge. “NHTSA celebrated Earth Day by ripping pages out of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Environmentalists Incensed by New CAFE Proposal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.