The U.S. Supreme Court, in a recent unanimous decision, affirmed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) right, as defined in the Clean Air Act, to establish environmental control mandates without regard for their cost. Apparently based on this principal, the U.S. EPA has developed, in cooperation with platinum group metals (PGM) catalyst suppliers, a dual heavy duty truck diesel emissions control system that may be a new level of cost and complexity. Engine-out exhaust initially is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EPA develops complex emissions system" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.