ANN ARBOR, MI – A Ford Expedition SUV retrofitted with a diesel-hydraulic hybrid powertrain system patented by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency delivers nearly twice the fuel economy of its conventionally powered counterpart, says the agency. Prototype diesel-hydraulic hybrid is Ford Expedition modified with hydraulic launch assist. The EPA says the hydraulic hybrid, developed jointly with powertrain-engineering specialist FEV Engine Technology Inc., will be unveiled at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EPA to Unveil Hydraulic Hybrid at SAE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.