DETROIT – Within two years, nine of the 10 fullsize pickup models sold in the U.S. will feature electric power steering from Nexteer Automotive, the supplier’s president says. The proliferation began with the ’11 Ford F-150 and spread organically, Robert J. Remenar tells Ward’s in a recent interview. Nexteer’s technology affords 12-volt operation, contrary to previous notions EPS in larger vehicles demanded 42-volt electrical systems. So once a 12-volt system was observed in light-duty ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EPS Proliferating Through Pickup Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.