DETROIT -- General Motors Corp.’s global Epsilon program will spawn 13 or 14 body styles for about five brands, including a convertible version of the Pontiac Grand Am, a company executive tells Ward’s. The midsize platform will be produced in volumes of 1.2 million to 1.4 million units annually by 2005-2006. “I think it’s probably the greatest undertaking we’re doing,” says Gene Stefanyshyn, vehicle line executive-Mid Cars and Mid Crossovers. The first Epsilon-based vehicle, Opel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Epsilon to Spawn 14 Body Styles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.