Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus division sacrificed production of its ES300 sedan in order to accommodate demand for its popular RX300 crossover, car-based sport/utility vehicle, says Lexus General Manager Bryan Bergsteinsson. Production was limited due to engine supply constraints, Mr. Bergsteinsson says. The two models share the 3.0L dual-overhead-cam V-6 with VVT-i, variable valve timing. In 1999, ES300 sales totaled 45,860 units, down 5.7% from 1998. The RX300, in its first full year of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ES300 Sales Down to Accommodate RX300" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.