Production of salable ’04 Ford Escapes is underway at Ford Motor Co.’s assembly plant in Avon Lake, OH, with the official Job 1 scheduled for July. Ohio Assembly is expected to build at least 45,000 units of the cross/utility vehicle annually. Next year, it adds the ’05 Mercury Mariner, which will share the U204 platform with Escape and Mazda Tribute. ’04 Ford Escape adds cladding, redesigned fascia. New for ’04 models, the Escape offers the “Limited Luxury Comfort Package,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Escape Production Ramps Up in Ohio; Hybrid Program Evolves" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.