The European Union Council of Ministers has approved a new directive setting detailed standards regarding the reusability, recyclability and recoverability of new EU-built passenger cars and light-duty commercial trucks weighing up to 7,716 lbs. (3,500 kg). National regulators will apply the rules when deciding which new-vehicle models to allow on the road. The directive will ensure auto makers follow the EU's 2000 end-of-life vehicles directive, which says once cars and vans are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU Sets New Standards for Vehicle Recycling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.