For growing markets such as electric vehicles, keeping regulatory standards simple can make or break a new technology. It also can provide domestic manufacturers with a head start in the race to dominate a new sector worldwide. As a result, the formal proposal made this week by the European Commission to rely on global technical standards for upcoming EVs matters. The EC wants the European Union to adopt requirements formulated in 1997 by the United Nations Economic Commission for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EU Takes Step Toward Harmonizing EV Rules" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.