GM, Ford close plants in Poland, Russia VIENNA — General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. officially shutter small semi-knock-down (SKD) plants in Eastern Europe. General Motors Poland Sp. z o.o. closes its Warsaw assembly plant. Since 1994, 57,092 Opel cars were assembled in Warsaw, including 49,820 Opel Astras (1994-1998) and 7,272 Opel Vectras (1998-2000). GM will continue to operate its main Polish factory in Gliwice. Ford officially shuts down Ford Union, its joint venture plant in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.